Thursday 26 January 2012

Ouvrou's visit (Oct, Nov 2011)

After our trip to South Africa in September, I brought Ouvrou back with me to France for a long overdue visit. It was absolutely wonderful having her with me. I took her to as many places as I could think of to tantalise the senses.

We went to Chamonix to stand next to the glacier at 3800 meters (12621 feet) above sea level. We visited the medieval village, Yvoire on the shores of Lake Geneva; we walked around the old town of Geneva and relaxed on a bench next to the lake admiring the massive fountain and swans; we adored the wonderful Chateau de Chillon (also on lake Geneva) and marvelled at the beauty of the buildings in Montreux and the views of the Alps on our way to the Chateau; we popped into many local towns and ski resorts and drove around the local countryside, mountains and valleys; we visited gorgeous Annecy and drove around the lake admiring the scenery; we walked and had a pinic at Sixt-fer-a-Cheval; we visited Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken and Grindelwald in Switzerland where we walked in an ice cave carved into the glacier and slept in a stunning valley with 72 waterfalls; we watched fireworks on Bonfire night; and as a finale before Ouvrou returned home, we visited the Xmas market in Basel.

Ouvrou also made a bunch of beautiful bed throws for me, and she showed me how to make cushion covers. I made one completely on my own!

Last but not least, we made sure that Ouvrou experienced as many of the local and French food and wine as possible. Mmmmmmm

Sadly, Ouvrou is now back in sunny South Africa and I miss her terribly. Next time, I'll get her here in summer and when it snows :0)

Here are just a few pics of some of our adventures (in no particular order)

































































I simply can't wait for next time! Love you, Ouvrou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment