Wednesday 6 January 2010

so this is xmas, and what have you done?

So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear.
(john & yoko)



It was xmas eve, cold outside but warm and cozy inside. There was snow on the ground and fairy lights twinkling in the house. Balloons were filled with numbers, and once popped would reveal which present (or forfeit) you get.



Our santa hats were on our heads and Alula & Kaya got to wear their hats too. Xmas songs were playing in the background. Bliss. Have I mentioned that this is my favourite time of the year?

Xmas stockings are great for keeping toes warm. (look at Alula eyeing the green prezzie hahaha)

Kaya not too impressed with her hat



We were sipping bubbly and there was a huge bowl of the most yummy punch waiting to be had. Our xmas eve dinner was cooking in the oven. Olives and home made spicy nuts were being nibbled inbetween balloon popping and the ripping of wrapping paper, and guessing what is hidden inside. OOOH I think that is a ...?


Mr Fluff attacking the balloons armed with a needle


Mr Fluff was most unlucky and managed to get two forfeits! He had to clear the table on Xmas Eve and tidy the kitchen on Boxing Day. Unlucky! Thanks to my one forfeit all I had to do was to pour and make drinks on Xmas Day.

As promised, here is a pic of our gorgeous baby dragon, a combined xmas and 9th anniversay (in Jan) prezzie

Isn't he adorable?



Our Xmas Menu & table


I would like to mention now that the food was fantastic, but we had enough leftovers to feed an army! Thank goodness for freezers :0)

Kaya and Jetje-cat decided early on that all the jollyness, excitement and merriness was too much to handle and they retired upstairs to the bedroom where they could listen to the madness but be safely out of the way of popping balloons and ecstatic shouts and screams. I won't mention any names.

Alula on the other hand could not get enough. She'd been sniffing the presents under the tree ever since I put it there, and she wanted to be right in the middle of the fun and games for fear of missing out on something. She even attacked the balloons several times and sneakily managed to pop one. Silly dog! There's no stopping her when she gets excited. I think she was running out of patience and wanted to pop the balloons quicker to get to her own presents. "Bloody humans. What's with the games? Just give me my new toys and chews and whatever else I deserve for being such a cool pet. Give it to me now! Give it! Give it! I want it all!!!"

Mr Fluff was the star of the evening. He surprised me with this:

I was handed a gift with this card attached


When I opened it, there was a message inside



In the freezer I found another small wrapped box, and once opened it I found this


containing this


(the answer to the riddle is.. It's on top! - If you're South African you'll know this from an advert on telly many moons ago)

I quickly ran to get the small step ladder and peeked over the top of the fridge, and guess what I found?
This!



WOO-HOOOO!!!! I'm so spoilt! These are HUGE and so sparkly! I can't stop smiling. How romantic is my boy lollipop? I love you Mr Fluff!

Finally, after much excitement, Alula turned into a whippet sandwich



The rest of the xmas weekend was spent taking the dogs for walks in the snow, playing a few games and packing for our trip to Canada on the 28th!

No comments:

Post a Comment